Ever since our Goa trip few years ago, I’ve been in love with roasted tomatoes. I ate them plenty almost daily for a week then. I have been looking for a simple recipe to re-create the magic. Finally my search ended and here is the recipe.
The only downside is unavailability of fresh herbs so I used dried. This is one of the simplest & tastiest recipes one can cook up. I will be making this often now.
The firm tomato loosing it’s shape was also a very fascinating watch. I’m sure you would agree with whatever photography I have managed. 🙂
Roasted Herb Tomatoes –
Recipe Source – loosely adapted from Food Network
- 100 gms – Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsps – Olive Oil
- to taste – Salt, Black Pepper, Dried Herbs (better to use fresh herbs)
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan, large enough to hold all the tomatoes in a single layer.
- Add the tomatoes along with salt, pepper & herbs. Cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes tossing occasionally till the tomatoes start loosing their firm shape.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs at room temp or hot.
Linking this to –
- Let’s Bake Love – My own event
- Lets Cook/ Bake for Valentine – Simply Food
- Bon Vivant # 12 – Sumee’s Culinary Bites
- Color Me Photography Challenge Series by Priya of Humpty Dumpty Kitchen
- Favorite Recipe – Non-Indian Food an event started by Swathi