Another dish from V’s bday menu. Blog hopping schedule gives an advantage of planning as & when you require. I looked for recipe on Kalyani’s blog for a dish to accompany spinach pasta, pizza (base from outside) & what better then something similar to Garlic Bread.
Kalyani has very aptly named her blog as Sizzling Tastebuds & really all recipes sizzle on her blog. Extensive collection of world cuisine. I was waiting for a chance to create a recipe from her space so finally the Wednesday has come to share the same. I used garlic cheese spread in stead of grated cheese, rest I kept same.
Garlic Chilli Cheese Toast –
Recipe Source – Kalyani of Sizzling Tastebuds
- 10 Slices – White Bread
- 3 Tbsp – Garlic Cheese Spread
- 1/2 tsp – Melted Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1/2 – Capsicum, finely diced
- 1 – Green Chilli, chopped & pitted
- 1 tsp – Dry Basil
- 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli Flakes
- a dash – Oregano
- 1/2 tsp – White Pepper Powder, I used freshly ground
- to taste – Salt (add little only as cheese spread is already salted)
- Mix together capsicum, green chilli, basil, chilli flakes & white pepper powder. Add cheese spread & mix well.
- Lightly grease the slices with ghee, using your finger tips.
- Spread a spoonful or more of cheesy mixture on slices.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C. Very lightly grease the baking sheet.
- Diagonally cut the bread slices into 2. Bake for 8- 10 mins.
- Then grill them for 2-4 mins till cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
I had some leftover spread left which was happily confiscated by the guests as they wanted to make these Garlic Chilli Cheese Toast at their place. It was a very simple & quick recipe. I loved it.