If you have read my first few posts (Focaccia, Spaghetti & Eggless Tiramisu), you would know that Italian is a favorite with both of us & invariably we end up having it on all our special occasions. This time again for V’s bday, we circumvented to making Italian at home – we started with no Italian this time, to Italian again this time. Such is the love, what can we say!
I chose Creamy Spinach Pasta from Vidhya of Vidhya’s Goodeats for the special dinner. She is my blog hop partner this Wednesday. She has some very interesting & good recipes from World Cuisine on her blog. It was tough to decide what to make. V is partial towards pasta so I chose that & spinach I’ve never used in pasta before so it was going to be a novel experience. I didn’t change the recipe much except omitting eggs & garlic & using dry basil in place of fresh ones. I halved the recipe & used macaroni as I’d a packet at home.
Creamy Spinach Pasta with Macaroni
Recipe Source – adapted from Vidhya of Vidhya’s Goodeats
- 1 packet (180 gms) – Macaroni Pasta
- 1 Tbsps – Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup – Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Bunch – Chopped Spinach
- 1 small – Tomato, cubed
- 1/2 Tbsp – Dried Basil (use fresh is available)
- to taste – Salt
- to taste – Pepper
- 1/2 tsp – Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 Cup – Cream (I used Amul – 25%)
- 2 Tbsp – Freshly Grated Cheese
- Cook pasta as per instructions on your package or check here.
- Saute onions in olive oil till golden brown.
- Stir in spinach, tomato, basil, chilli flakes, salt & pepper. Cook for another 5-8 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream & cheese. Allow the gravy to come to a boil.
- On low flame, add pasta. Mix well. Cook for 4-5 mins till uniformly heated.
- Serve hot with garlic toast.
Usually I make pasta in red sauce or white sauce, this is the first time I made using cream & spinach. It was a wonderful & fork licking dish. Pasta won hands down. Everyone loved the pasta & V also said that this is the best pasta I ever made. Thank you Vidhya for such a wonderful treat.
Sending Spinach Macaroni Pasta to Presto Pasta Nights, a weekly event hosted by Kirsten of Kirsten’s Kitchen to Yours. This event was initially started by Ruth of Once upon a Feast. I’ve been waiting for a chance to participate in this event as I love pasta & this was a great platform to come across awesome pastas. What a virtual treat!