I’ve made this thrice in last 1 month with the intention of posting it. First I made and forgot to click the final dish photo, (ya, ya I know my photos really don’t create an impression but a woman gotta keep trying, eh?) then I didn’t had paneer to garnish on top. So finally I made it again making sure that this time I do click!
This is again from my mother’s delicacies like vegetable loaf, aam ka panna, thandai. This is very different from the usual okra veggies & goes very well with party menu as it is neither too dry or too wet. This a surely try out once recipe.
Okra in Gramflour Gravy –
Recipe Source – My mother
- 1 kg – Ladyfingers
- 750 g – Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp – Gram Flour
- 4-5 – Green Chillies
- 1/2 cup – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Asafoetida
- 2 tsp – Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp – Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp – Coriander Powder
- to taste – Salt
- Cut ladyfingers lengthwise. If they are too long, you can further split them horizontally.
- Grind tomatoes & green chilli together.
- Heat oil in a wok, add all spices & roast lightly.
- Now add tomato puree & fry till it leaves oil.
- Add gram flour & roast for another 3-4 mins.
- When it totally dries & flour is well roasted, add ladyfingers & salt.
- Mix well & cook till done.
- Remove from wok and transfer in a serving dish.
- Garnish with grated paneer, onion & tomato rings.
Even V has been praises and praises for this style of okra though he is not a great fan of this particular veg. Thanks mom for passing this on to us.