Wishing all bloggers a Happy Dussera, end of Navratras & Dandiya Ras. Hope you all had wonderful celebrations yesterday. I made the Dussera special meal along with matar pulao, aloo phool gobi & kheer. These recipes for some later posts.
Today being the 7th of month, it’s time for some Sweet Punch. And I made my first tarts which have been on my Baking Wishlist. I usually plan & make my posts much in advance & never wait for the last day, however last 15 days saw too much baking & sweet in the household with Eggless BFC, Eggless Checkerboard Cake & Cream Cheese Cupcakes, so I kept postponing this recipe till the last day almost!
Upon researching I realized that the most essential part of tarts is to ensure that butter is chilled. I guess this is as easy as baking can get. Though Ria had chosen Jam Tarts, I had just too much tid-bits leftover from all the above experiments, I decided to use them & finish. For a change this is a recipe in which I didn’t need to worry about assembling lot of ingredients or replacing egg! Thankfully the crust of the tart is eggless, phew!!!
Chocolate Truffle with Cherry Pie Filling Tarts -
Recipe Source – adapted from Ria’s Collection
- 115 g – All Purpose Flour (1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp)
- 60 g – Chilled Butter
- 1/2 tsp – Baking Powder
- 4-5 drops – Water
- 1/2 Cup – Cherry Pie Filling
- 12 – Chocolate Truffles, tiny ones
- Whipped Cream to serve
- I used a melon scooper to make chocolate truffles from leftover chilled ganache & quickly rolled them in cocoa. I placed them in an airtight container on a parchment sheet & refrigerated till further use.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 C. Lightly grease the tart moulds.
- Mix flour & baking powder together.
- Add the butter & rub the flour & butter together using fingertips to create a dough resembling breadcrumbs.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts & line the tart moulds.
- Place one truffle per tart mould. Then top it with 2 tsp of cherry pie filling.
- Bake for 15 mins or till done. Remove from oven
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack in the moulds. Do not de-mould when hot as you can scald yourself.
I served it topped with whipped cream. With every bite, you feel molten chocolate with plenty of cherry pie filling & whipped cream. Mine didn’t de-mould very well so I let them be in the mould. :(