All good things come to an end. How true! After writing about Chocolate Rasoi for last 3 months, it is now time to bid adieu to Eggless Baking Series from Chocolate Rasoi. We have covered Eggless Fresh Fruit Cake, Eggless Choco-chip & Oats Cookies, Eggless Brownie, Eggless Tutti Fruit Cake, Eggless Kaju Maawa Cake earlier. Last but not the least is Eggless Orange Cupcakes with Blueberry Jam.
I made this at my mother’s place & she didn’t have cupcake moulds, so I baked it into a cake by just increasing the timing. Also, my nephew and sister weren’t very keen on orange flavor, so I replaced it with Strawberry Crush & reduced the quantity. I’m posting the recipe with my changes in bracket.
Eggless Strawberry Crush Cake with Jam Filling -
Recipe Source – loosely adapted from Chocolate Rasoi Workshop
- 175 g – All Purpose Flour (I used 100 g)
- 1-1/2 tsp – Baking Powder (I used 1 tsp)
- 3/4 tsp – Baking Soda (I used 1/2 tsp)
- 60 g – Salted Butter (I used 45g Amul)
- 100 g – Powdered Sugar (I used 65 g)
- 1/2 cup – Milk (I used 75 ml)
- 1/2 tsp – Orange Essence (I used 1/4 tsp Vanilla)
- 3-4 drops – Orange Color (I skipped this)
- 1/2 Cup – Orange Squash or (I skipped this)
- 1/3 Cup – Orange Crush (I used 40 ml Strawberry Crush)
- 1/2 Cup – Blueberry Jam (I used 1/4 Cup Black Currant Jam)
- Pre-heat oven at 180 C. Line muffin pan or a desired pan if you are making cake.
- Sieve together flour, baking powder & baking soda.
- Beat sugar & butter well for 3-4 mins, add color & essence, if using. Beat again for a minute.
- Add dry mixture & milk alternatively, starting & ending with flour. Mix till uniform mixture.
- Now add crush or squash.
- Pour the batter in prepared muffin pan uptil 2/3rd level or cake pan.
- Bake for 15 mins for cupcakes & 35 mins for cake.
- Remove from pan & quickly insert jam in cupcakes using spoon. Bake again for 5 mins. I did the same step for cake. If you do not want to use jam then omit this step & bake directly for 20 mins for cupcakes & 40 mins for cake.
Serve warm or cold as desired. We had it with a dollop of ice-cream. If you are sinning then don’t shy sin full! That’s my motto :D This recipe can be twisted & turned around to create many flavour cupcakes. I’m going to post some in near future
- You can use 1/2 tsp orange compound in place of color & essence in original recipe.
- To convert into any flavor cupcake using a crush, just omit color & replace essence with vanilla. Then go ahead use any crush.
I have started to love this fruit only after marriage as V loves it in all forms & tastes. My elder sis also does but these things you adapt only after marriage. ;) I stay in a state known for it’s strawberry production and have enjoyed it over last few years. Since this is not a season of fresh strawberries, I’m using strawberry crush which has crushed strawberry in it.